Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Monday, January 21, 2008

Life Lesson #1425

Do not try to make bread pudding with bagels. There is a reason it is not called 'bagel pudding'. So tonight I used left over cinnamon sugar bagels instead of bread and followed the bread pudding recipe. Unlike bread, bagels float so what I made is what I am calling Bagel Float Custard. I will admit, as will Bill, that it is tasty. The top 1 inch is bagel pieces, nicely crisp on the top and well flavored and the bottom 1 inch is a wonderful creamy milk/egg custard. My camera is in the shop but I'll try to get a picture of the layered masterpiece to add later. I called my BFF, Ali, to share the life lesson with her. She wisely stated, "I already knew that" and we got a good laugh out of my epiphany.

No comments: