Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Monday, January 21, 2008

One foot in front of the other

We went to NY to visit my folks for Thanksgiving. Here is a good shot of me and my niece, Madison, who is 9. I just love that girl which is good because she'll probably be picking out my nursing home someday.
Bill has been running 5K roadraces for the past 6 months or so. Until Thanksgiving, I had just been a spectator. A few weeks before this shot, Bill was going running at a local track and I tagged along. Amazing how much easier running is after losing 15 lb with weight watchers and I decided for my health, I needed to get some cardiovascular exercise started. I had signed up to walk this Turkey Trot with my folks but decided to run it. Here is Bill and I pre race.
And after getting to the turnaround water station in dead last place, being beat by a kid and his dog here is a sweet shot of me arriving near the finish. I passed about 3 people including the kid and the dog, kept putting one foot in front of the other and got 'er done. I was proud of my lousy 37 minute time!!!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU RAN A 5K!!!! No donuts afterwards? Had I know I would have made sure someone sent you some of Dunn's finest.

ps- You are definitely looking HOTT.