Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Sunday, April 26, 2009

River Run

Today was the River Run which is a great run in town during Riverfest. Bill ran the 10K and did a great job. He didn't get a medal in his age group which always makes him a bit bummed but he ran his best time. I, of course, being in the end stage of pregnancy going on extra day 6 did not run but took plenty of pictures with my new fun camera. I got a new great camera for Lucas as to not miss a smile or a laugh but seeing as how he hasn't come out yet I am going to use the camera for other purposes.
Here is a pic of us after the race
Bill during the start (green shirt, blue shorts, white hat)
Bill rounding the last turn for the finish line. It was strange to watch the 10K and the 5K at the same time because a lot of walkers beat Bill aka the lady with the red jacket tied around her waist but then again he went twice as far.
My highlight from the race besides seeing Bill do so well was two fold... firstly my friend and co-worker ran the 5K and as she passed me by she yelled, "you're still pregnant. come out baby lucas'. and secondly, as a part of Riverfest there is a criterion (bike race) in town. another good friend and co-worker Tammy was in the pace car. on the way around the loop she saw me walking back to the car after Bill's race and she screams "you're still pregnant". Lucas got two very loud enthusiastic shout outs today. He is already so popular. :-)

No comments: