Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Lessons learned and outfits worn week 1 of capsuling

So I'm about 10 days into this capsuling experiment. I have learned that I don't like my white button down shirt and will need to hunt for another one. I had to go off capsule one time for a good cause. I have learned that I did a good job picking my capsule as I have loved every outfit I've worn. I forgot that with the beauty of October comes unseasonal warm days and I have been a bit limited in what I picked for my capsule and have been a bit hot at times. This morning, for example, it was 32 and tomorrow it will be 77. I have learned I'm terrible at taking selfies in mirrors which may be more about the lighting than my actual selfie skill. I have learned my family is quickly exasperated by making them take pictures of me.

Hawkeye capsule to watch the Hawks beat the Illini and go 6-0!

Sunday morning breakfast with old friends and then church. Capsule outfit-- boyfriend jeans, graphic t and cardigan.

Monday morning quick noon time work meeting after a night shift, a quick nap and no shower. Skinny cords, new 3/4 length flannel and booties. It was hotter than I thought; should have worn sandals.
Not pictured Tuesday to work I wore a sweater dress and tights with black rider boots. Comfy and adorable.
Tuesday night I MC'd Trivia Night for my med school community so the event called for my senior prom dress and dyed to match heels. Off capsule for a good cause.


Wednesday to work I repeated the pants from Monday, added a white top and a scarf. My fashion sense is comfy and basic- some would say plain (Plain? I ask -- did you see me just bust out my fuchsia hoop skirt senior prom dress from 1992)- and I'm ok with that. 

Thursday to work I wore a polka dot button down and a pair of my beloved Athelta jeggings. The heat returned some so I paired it with my pink sandals for a splash of color.

Friday and Saturday we had admission interviews for the PA program. Friday I wore a black skirt, a gray sweater that Fran said I needed to 'layer the hell out of' with the white button down in my capsule that I soon realized is stiff and un-fun to wear. I paired it with a pair of purple/gray/white striped tights and black riding boots. The purple in the tights brought out the purple in my hair. On Friday it was the more social part of our interview process where I give a walking tour and we have a Q&A dinner. Saturday, I was going to be seated for hours on end so I went with my standby work professional but ultra comfortable outfit- not pictured- black ankle dress pants and a silky colorful top with eiffel towers on it.

Today is Sunday and we are back to my outfit of choice... boyfriend jeans rolled up, graphic T - HAWKEYES ARE 7-0!!!- cardigan and booties.
There is nothing super exciting about what I wear or the outfits I choose. I will not be offended if you stop reading my blog out of sheer boredom. This week of outfits is pretty representative of my style and what I wear. If I had had all my clothes to choose from, the outfits would have looked pretty darn similar. I like capsule living. I feel freer and not so encumbered by stuff. 
I even got my husband to go through his stuff which added to our donation pile and I went through Lucas's summer things are pared that down as well.
This week my goal is to tackle my sock/bra/underwear drawers and to get the donations out of the house.

No comments: