Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Friday, June 11, 2010

pushing my culinary skills

Today Nile turns 14. I asked him on Wednesday night what he wanted for his birthday. He said lemon meringue pie. Seriously, lemon meringue pie. That is pushing all my culinary skills to their limits. Couldn't he have said, chocolate cake? oh no, so lemon meringue pie it is. I read a zillion reviews of the recipe I found on line, asked advice from my sister in law's grandma and a gal at work, got step by step instructions and I was off. I made it from scratch. No box lemon mix for me. I made it late last night because I was not attempting meringue in high humidity today. Here are some pictures step by step. My meringue- can't really see the tall stiff peaks but they are there
and out of the oven

looks great
review from the birthday boy and family: rubbery. priceless.

2 comments:

Beth said...

You still get an "A" for effort. Next year he'll have to pick something a little easier :)

Marsha said...

Can't believe you didn't call my grandma for advice!