Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Monday, September 22, 2008

Things I have learned

So yesterday we had church and the rest of the day off and today was our official day off. Here are some things I have learned since I last posted:
1. Mazatlan has an amazing Thai restaurant. The best Thai food I have ever had
2. A little flattery will get you far if you speak Spanish- last night at our favorite taco stand where we go to get these amazing potatoes (papas), we arrived to them saying 'no papas'. Then Lydia asked them again and it was 'papas en un hora'. Lydia said to the gal waiting on us that we had come all the way to Iowa for papas. All of a sudden it was only 30 minutes. It couldn't have been more than 20 minutes until our steaming papas appeared.
3. Geckos make a really weird sound that is loud and sounds like someone is banging their toothbrush on the sink. They make this sound at very strange times of night.
4. It is hot in Mazatlan in September. Feeling guilty for staying in all day in the air conditioning napping (we did venture out for coffee this morning) I said to Bill, let's go take a walk on the beach. He said you step outside and if you still think that is a good idea, I'll go. I opened the front door, took one step outside, felt like the Hebrews in the fiery furnace and decided that another nap wasn't such a bad idea after all.

I have read 2 of my 5 books and highly recommended running, not walking, to the nearest library to get these two chick-lit-fluff-books (sorry everyone in Iowa City, I think I have the only copies)
--- she went all the way by Meg Cabot
--- the importance of being married by Gemma Townley

I have not much spiritual or inspiring to blog about but will, hopefully, after our day in clinic tomorrow. We are headed to Urias and should be a fairly moderately busy day. We'll see...

1 comment:

Boom said...

Just caught all up on your posts...I'm now hungry for DQ and tacos and papas and trilling my 'R's like a pirate.