Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Time to nest

Here is the end of my second trimester in review:

week 24 and 25 spent 8 days in Mexico running mobile clinics and leading a team of 25
(home in Iowa City 7 days, worked 4 of them)
week 26 and 27 spent 5 days in New York with my folks, had an amazing baby shower, watched a breathtaking inauguration that I will one day tell Lucas all about
(home in Iowa City 10 days, worked 6 of them)
week 28 and 29 spent 8 days in England sight seeing, studying for my boards, drinking tea, seeing my dear friend Lizzie and her husband Phil, spending a bunch quality time with my husband all during the worst snow storms in 20 years without our winter gear (weather.com promised 45 and sunny all week). we froze almost the entire time.

and now I have been up for 20 hours. I realize why third trimester pregos don't fly much... forget the fatigue and risk for leg blood clots, you can't put your tray table down in a regular economy seat. I had about 2 cm to spare but my next week I'm sure I'd be too fat.

I can't believe how much crazy traveling I have done in the last 6 weeks. As I unpack tonight I have a joyous thought... barring any family emergency, I won't be spending any time away from my own bed except to give birth to Lucas until at least July. Hallelujah.

Now I'm ready to rest; did I say rest? I meant nest!

(England posts to follow in the next few days)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Air travel in the 7th month is possible - I can attest to that. And I was able to get the tray down as long as my seat was reclined. The key is the leg thing. And the potty thing. But it is doable.

That said, stay home, friend.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

MaestraBenefield said...

I found out that if you fly to Mexico when you are pregnant and unexpectedly have the baby on vacation, they don't let you take the baby back into the US until the baby has a valid US passport, which I know from experience takes a few weeks- another good reason not to fly late... at least internationally.