Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our runnin' regal

Gabby is having a WONDERFUL cross country season this year. Last year she was out for most of the season due to injury. She has remained healthy this year and is running #3 on varsity. They have had three meets and the Regals are undefeated. It is so fun to watch her run. I swell with pride just for the fact that I know her and she is doing so well. I can't imagine what her mother and father feel like watching her succeed at something she works so hard towards. It is the same feeling when Nile scores a soccer goal. But being a step parent is different. Now as a parent to Lucas, I am almost in tears of ridiculous mother emotion when he learns a new skill like finding his feet or rolling over. I can't imagine how Bill and Nicki feel watching their children as young adults find success in their endeavours.
Gabby wasn't really 'into' running meets over the last few years stating she wasn't a big fan of competition and just really was on the team for the fun with her friends. Before the first meet this year, she told her dad that she was so excited about it because it was different now that she is getting really good. Today they run against the much larger state ranked Iowa City High. I can barely sit still waiting for race time when me and TBL get to watch Gabby run. TBL loves cheering for his sister (well mainly he slobbers).

No comments: