Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Obama and Clayborn

Here are some pics from our great day on Thursday. These were our tickets. Obama coming out to speak

it wouldn't be Iowa City without some protesters.
and on the way back to work I met Adrian Clayborn.
He was walking out of the student health building where my office is. Here was our conversation
Me: "Are you Adrian Clayborn?"
AC: "yeah"
Me: cue verbal diarrhea "Can I take your picture? and shake your hand? I have my camera because I am just coming back from hearing Obama. That orange bowl game was so great, wasn't it just so great? I mean we were freaking out, it was so great, i mean wasn't it just so great?"
AC: "yeah it was great"
I snap a picture and shake his hand
Me: "Thanks so much. Thanks for staying next year. It is going to be so great. Go Hawks"
Seriously how many more times could I have said, 'so great'. I am sure he thought I was an idiot. He did seem to walk to his scooter awfully fast to make his getaway. I can't believe I forgot to ask for his autograph. All I had on my was my Obama tickets but just imagine if Adrian Clayborn signed my Obama ticket. I would have to frame that in bullet proof glass and invest in one of those cool museum spotlights.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I am laughing out loud at this post. I needed a good laugh after I got the life sucked out of me in the blue pod today! :) Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hey there! This is Amy *FMC pharmacy girl who is totally awesome* and i love your blog and catching up with TBL! haha Anyways, if you want to see Adrian Clayborn all the time, just go to the bar Shorts on a saturday night. The whole team hangs out there! haha :-) Good pic though!