Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Iowa Cubs 5 Mile "Fun" Run

This past Sunday (pictures loaded on Sunday, took a few days to get the text done :-) ) we went to Des Moines to run the Iowa Cubs 5 mile fun run. I have never run pushing Lucas before and it is unclear why on an 80 degree humid muggy morning I picked a 5 MILE run as my first go. Regardless, we did it. Lucas got some sunscreen on and was all strapped into his stroller covered in a lap full of toys attached by rings. I had two different sippy cups full of water, a small container of graham goldfish and we were on our way.It was SO FREAKIN' HARD! It was so hot. I ran really slow, had to stop a bunch to retrieve thrown toys or to get Lucas to drink-- at the 4 mile mark I poured some water on his head to cool him down which made him not so pleased-- his crying made me run that much faster. I mastered the one handed goldfish feed. Daddy did much better than us and was a welcome sight about 1/4 mile from the finish. Lucas guzzled down some cold water out of this regular cup after the race. I guess he was hot.

I am so proud of myself and of Lucas; we accomplished a great feat.



All smiles after the race.

We finished 30th out of 40 women in my age group. We finished 102 out of 166 for women overall. Not too shabby.

I don't know if I'll ever run with Lucas again in a race but now I know we can do it. One for the record books!

1 comment:

ABG said...

Congrats, you two! :)