Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Nothing to blog about

I feel as if I am neglecting my blog, but I have nothing to blog about of any real importance. I can't blog about work because of all that patient privacy stuff and most of my stories are just gross and only I find entertaining. I blog too much about the self inflicted suffering called running but I did have a great run today, 62 degrees, light breeze and I ran my second fastest 4 miles ever. I can't blog on this public blog about how I really feel about some people in my life, but feel free to call me and I'll give you an earful :-) Here is a list in no particular order of all that I can think of is new with me.

1. I started eating hard boiled eggs at lunch which I never have done in the past. I always thought the yoke was too dry but turns out, they are pretty tasty. I makes me think of my college friend, John Cilek, who I think made me watch Cool Hand Luke everytime I pop a hard boiled egg into my mouth. No one can eat 50 eggs.
2. Our house is a pigsty. Two weekends in the row with the kids will do that to the clutter situation.
3. We go to Mexico in one week. We are not packed at all but I feel more ready for this trip than any in the past but I'm sure my full on panic mode will start soon. One of our team members got her passport with a typo on it saying she was born in 1930 and not 1980. Not enough time to fix it, according to the passport office. So I guess that is just another thing God wants me to give him control of. Me, my faith and customs are an odd trio that keeps getting refined in the fire. Bill just says, 'If Jesus wants us to run clinics in Mexico He'll get us and our luggage all through customs. No biggie'. Bill has such a great 'simple' faith that I can't help but love him and try to explain it is just more complicated than that. Turns out it isn't and Jesus hasn't let me down yet!
4. I am trying to make shrimp ceviche. I have three pounds of shrimp marinating in an entire citric bath of lemon, lime and orange juice in the fridge. I wonder if it will turn out at all edible.
5. I had sushi for the first time last week. The blackened tuna roll and the Mantanto roll at Oyama in Iowa City changed my culinary life forever. We had a fantastic birthday dinner for our friend, Shonna, complete with Sake Bombs surrounding my 8 of our closest friends. Bill and I just had to sit back and realize what a blessed life we do truly live with so many wonderful friends and to live in such a wonderful place with such wonderful sushi.
6. We saw Indiana Jones this weekend which was good but I'm not a big fan of anyone, communist or not, getting eaten by larger than life nasty red ants. No offense to anyone over 60 but Harrison Ford still can get it done.
7. Gabby and I saw Made of Honor on Memorial Day and I shouldn't but I have a lust issue with Patrick Dempsey (so does half of the free world). Shocking I know but I find him dreamy.
8. I am not getting enough sleep.
9. It is almost hot enough for Bill to be sick of hearing me say I'm hot and finally put in the window air conditioning units. Yippee. Can't wait.
10. I have started watching the weather channel all the time like my mother.

Gosh I bore myself. If nothing else newsworthy or otherwise doesn't happen until we leave for Mexico, I'll blog from down there and hopefully be able to add pictures from our days of work.

1 comment:

Stacey P said...

three thoughts...

I have the same Patrick Dempsey issue. Must be some influence from sixth grade.

I like what I learn about Bill in your blog. It's funny to know so many things about someone I don't know.

Rotating sushi bar in Baltimore. You know you want to visit.