Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Sunday, October 19, 2008

The passing of one who was truly great

Monday October 6th is National PA Day. On Monday October 6th our profession lost a truly great one. Dr Benet Pardini PA-C has a long list of accolades and titles and awards. He was a PhD in physiology before going back to PA school to be able to work with patients. He taught part of the first year PA physiology course and was my favorite professor while I was in the program. He even taught it to his own class many years ago. He worked in pediatric cardiology and loved it. He was the first non MD director of one of the medical school communities (think Hogwart Houses). He was the past president of the Iowa PA Society on whose board I am also a member. He adored his wife and two kids. He was really involved in this local church as well on the school board. He had crazy curly hair and was so fun to be around. He was my friend and colleague and mentor. On Monday October 6th I arrived at work and they had just called his code. He died suddenly in this sleep and was unable to be roused by his wife in the morning. 911 was called and CPR started. A heart rhythm was never able to be brought back. He was 54. I cried and cried at work that morning. I went over to the trauma room to say my last goodbye before they took him away for organ donation.

Ben --you will be missed by all who knew you and our world will never be the same without you in it. You saved lives even in your death. Well done good and faithful servant.

No comments: