Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Thursday, October 16, 2008

the pop and gurgle

Last night I heard the pop and gurgle of our heat spurting back to life. It was going to get under 40 degrees overnight so Bill and I knew it was time. I hate it being time. I don't mind winter and love being cozy, but I hate the heating bills and long for spring when I can turn off the heat. I live in a creaky old leaky house full of character and the trade off is gi-normous energy bills in the winter and irritation as I write Mid American Energy their checks.

1 comment:

David Cook said...

Wimps!!!! You all are so weak, for it was 29 degrees here last night and we did not have the heat on!!! I think Iowa has made you soft.