Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Iowa City Shower

Lucas and I had an awesome shower today attended by my very best girlfriends here in Iowa City along with my Aunt Mary. My couples group 'hosted' it and though it was rainy, foggy and icky outside we had a marvelous time. Lucas and I got spoiled again with tons of gifts- very practical like diaper bag, nursing pads, outlet covers and butt paste to the very creative like a homemade hooded bath towel with a tiger hawk on it to the very hilarious like two star wars onesies; one says Darth Baby and one says Stormpooper. The most meaningful part of the day was feeling supported and loved and prayed for. At the end of the shower we had a time of prayer for me and Lucas and Bill and Gabby and Nile as we set foot into the unchartered waters of our new family. I couldn't have asked for a better day.
Here is how big I am getting
hard to see but this is the Darth Baby onesie
a silly pic of the ladies
the absolute best group of women anywhere
amy OUTDID herself with my cake. it was so adorable and so delicious
thank you to everyone who made my day so delightful. i couldn't ask for a better group of friends.

1 comment:

Stacey P said...

your cake---it's like a miniature version of the swan pond.