Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The nursery

Ok here is what the 'extra room' looked like just a few weeks ago. The recliner got moved to Bill's office a few months ago but that didn't really help the clutter.At one point we had two computer up there; one is gone now and the other one is down in the new office aka the dining room.
We did move this futon up to Gabby's room this fall as well in expectation of making it into a nursery. I think I took these pictures a year ago winter.

Enter 4 days with my folks...
the mountain of clothes that is Lucas' and mainly all 0-9 months. He is going to be one stylin' little guy.
The painting has begun. This blue is just a little more blue than the original color but looks so much better with a fresh coat of paint.
Another view of the painting process.
Break for a picture
Ok here is almost the final product. I like this picture because Lucas makes his presence known.
Before the crib got assembled
The final product. It just looks so great.
That rocker is the rocker my mom nursed me in that we had recovered.
All we are waiting for now is the crib set and the mural ... my friend, Erica, is making us a cooler than cool crib set out of Star Wars sheets and our friend, Brian, is putting up an awesome Star Wars mural.
I cannot wait until Bill comes home to see it. He probably won't like the changing table in front of the window that has to house the air conditioner but if we put it in front of the big window the floor there slopes more than 1/4 inch and baby Lucas may just roll off his changing table. So that may get moved somewhere especially in the hot months.
I cannot believe all the work my folks (and I) have done. All the clothes are washed and sorted. The room is done. We bought a ton of stuff at Target that I didn't get off my registry to make us ready- diapers, wipes, nipple cream, bottle sterilizer etc.
Baby Lucas your daddy comes back in town on Saturday night... wait until then but then come, Lucas, come ... we cannot wait to meet you!!


3 comments:

Terry said...

Hi "Katie Cook" I love your house! What fun to hear about all of you and the exciting news of baby Luke Iverson's upcoming arrival! Back to reading - and enjoying. I'm so glad that your mom shared your blog. Love ya, Aunt Lynn

Terry said...

Hi "Katie Cook" I love your house! What fun to hear about all of you and the exciting news of baby Luke Iverson's upcoming arrival! Back to reading - and enjoying. I'm so glad that your mom shared your blog. Love ya, Aunt Lynn

jenn said...

It's beautiful and makes me even more excited to meet him!