Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Monday, January 4, 2010

New blog for a new year

I have been TERRIBLE about blogging. I am going to change that. I have fans (oh I mean friends :-) ) that rely on me to brighten their days at work with my witty sarcastic take on life. I apologize for taking you for granted and for the two plus months that you have been bored with no blog consistent entries from me. I have been posting pictures and videos of TBL on Facebook but I am preparing to give Facebook up for Lent which will make this blog as important as Defcon 1.

First I started with a new layout. Nothing fancy, but it feels fresh.

Here is a rough update on what I have been up to.

It is cold here, butt freakin' cold. We have a new fire place in our addition which has been awesome. Once my 'oh i can handle it' husband learned how to build a fire without smoking out the house, things have improved. To his defense because our house is three stories and our addition is one story when building a fire the house acts like a chimney pulling the smoke into it rather than up the chimney. After a visit from the fireplace guy, Bill's bad attitude where he said 'we should have just gotten gas' and fire-place-saving-sage-advice from our friend, Greg, as long as one window in the addition is open and the doors connecting the addition to the house are closed, there is enough draft to pull the smoke up the chimney. It shouldn't be that difficult but then again no one said building a fire is easy. ask anyone on survivor.

We just got back from Mexico- TBL made his second trip. Nile came with us and my parents joined us. It was a great trip. Nile did great. TBL did great. Grandma couldn't have been happier. We saw a ton of patients. Success. We are moving into our 5th year of doing our trips and getting more efficient and having more fun each time we go.

Christmas was nice- a bit stressful with terrible weather and having to get our team out of the Minneapolis airport to Mexico. Thank you Iowa DOT road condition map. We flew a charter, terrible idea. Terrible charges and flight times -right during bed time for TBL- he screamed for about 2 hours of the flight down. Screamed so much that I just started to sob holding him. He did much better on the way home- we got an empty seat between us and laid him down- he slept the entire time. Note to self-- just buy the kid his own seat. It is really worth the extra cash.

We did stockings only this year. Both Bill and I went over budget on each others-- he did worse than me. The kids didn't seem to suffer any mortal peril by only getting a stocking worth of presents, but then again I'm sure it will be something to make Bill feel more guilty later on in life. Bill is not able to donate blood because he has hemochromatosis which is an iron overload disease- he covets the 'I bleed black and gold' shirts they sometimes give to blood donors. They were offering the shirts for donors over the holidays so I donated blood and got Bill a shirt. I think he was really touched by my sacrifice but now feels too guilty to wear it. Seriously? Just wear the damn shirt. I did make everyone homemade stockings this year. My mom made them for me and my brothers and I wanted to make some for TBL and realized I couldn't leave Gabby and Nile out and then just made them for all of us.

The Hawkeyes play in the orange bowl tomorrow- yum! can't wait. Ricky Stanzi is the man-zi and word on the streets of Miami and that he is healthy and ready to go. Watching our entire season get 'ruined' in a 3 second high ankle sprain turned fumble turned touchdown turned see-you-later-undefeated-record was painful and I still can't talk much about it.

Work is work- when I am not at work, TBL and I hang out. We play with all sorts of things and we run errands. We always seem to end up at Auntie Kim's house because she has cold diet coke and candy in her fridge. Strange how all errands take us right by her house? I am not that eager to have him on the move so we don't do much tummy time. He has showed no real progress in crawling. He loves to eat and laugh. He gets really giggly when he is tired just like his Mama. He sleeps like a hibernating bear -- well not that I have ever been that close but assume they sleep and sleep and when they are hungry they wake up and make noise-- exactly like TBL. He looks delicious in his snow suit. He loves when his dad sings him the 'pee pee diap' song. He is doing well at Ms Lisa's where he goes for daycare-- we'll see what report he gets today- after being with mom and grandma and the mexico team for the past 10 days he has gotten more than his share of attention.

I was really into Kit Kats, couldn't live without them about two months ago, then I got over them. Then it was 3 Musketeers bars. I'm over those too but looking to my new candy of obsession.

That is enough mundane information for now. I will post some pictures soon but then again you've heard that line before. :-)

No comments: