Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Friday, January 8, 2010

Permission

So I have a hate hate relationship with my breast pump. I hate it. It probably hates me. Pumping every 3 hours at work is really time consuming and irritating. I only do it because I love my child. But it is really the most stressful thing about being a mom; more stressful than little sleep or anything. The stress of maybe not having enough milk for the next day. I don't get much when I pump so he has been getting 1/2 milk 1/2 formula bottles for a few months anyway. I am so done with pumping that I have been thinking of weaning him but don't really want to give up until he is a year. I only work three days a week; if I worked 5 I would have given up a long time ago. I have been thinking of stopping pumping but am worried I will lose all my milk. I spoke with a good friend from church who is also a doctor this week. She said she never pumped because it wasn't productive for her. She breast fed her kids way past 12 months too. I talked with her about thinking about stopping pumping and giving him just formula at daycare and feeding him when I am with him. She thinks that is a great idea. She says my milk should be fine. Then she said this, "I give you permission to stop pumping". I almost cried. I am so wound up tight about it that just hearing someone say that felt like I had been untwisted and set free. Bug had a full formula bottle at daycare on Thursday and did fine. I think I am going to pump just once a day for the next few weeks and give him some milk in his bottles when I can. I am no longer going to be stressed about it. I am doing my best for him the best I can.

2 comments:

Erica Byers said...

Getting rid of the stress will help your supply too! Easier said than done of course. Love you :0)

ABG said...

Go friend-doctor who told you that! Seriously no child is loved or nurtured more than Bug. Seriously.