Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Being busy is better

Work has been slow. Like super slow. Like watching movies on my ipod touch slow. I usually don't mind not having work to do. But knowing that I am doing exactly NOTHING makes me feel so guilty knowing that Lucas is in daycare and I can't go and spend time with him. When it is busy, I don't mind working so much. But this slower-than-slow thing is really getting to me. I can't leave early because 1. it may get busier and 2. i don't have the vacation hours to 'waste'. I can't stop working because I have loans and bills to pay. Being a total stay at home mom isn't the answer either. Most weeks working three days is great. But I had to work an extra last week and an extra this week so I am tired. When I hand Lucas to Ms Lisa at daycare he cuddles up on her chest. He doesn't do that with me. My mom says that it is better than him screaming when I leave. After I get over my theory that he doesn't like me and is mad he never gets to see me because I work all the time, my real theory is that she has a little more cushion than me so maybe it is comfy for him. I am just tired and bored and feeling sorry for myself and want to squeeze my little guy. Tomorrow. Me and him all day tomorrow. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Boy can I relate to that!! I've always said I agree with what your mom said about it being better than dropping them off screaming. But, once I had to literally rip Ella out of her daycare providers arms kicking and screaming! Heart warming, huh?! :) Hang in there. You are a great mommy to that little guy. Just wait til he can tell you "I love you mama!" Its the best!

The Lemans said...

As bored as you might have been yesterday, I guarantee you are appreciating your time with the bug more than we stay at home moms because absence really does make the heart grow fonder!!! Not that you have to work too hard at it right now. He is so sniggly as we all know.