Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Monday, February 22, 2010

Facebook Fast

Well it has been less than a week of my facebook fast. It has been really hard. It is just such a habit to log into facebook when at the computer checking my email. I honestly thought I would have cheated by now but I haven't** disclaimer, I hacked into my mother's facebook account when she was on vacation in Aruba to send a message to a friend who's email I was without to ask her to email me because I had some questions; this was after an unanswered phone message so I felt as if it was my last resort**. It has been a productive few days both in my house and in my mind. I have had some goals of what to do without facebook.
Firstly I have spent some time praying and processing through several of my current issues and have come to some nice peaceful conclusions and fixes about my attitudes etc. I can't go into that more on this public blog but feel free to ask me about my epiphanies.
Secondly I ordered reprints and finished the georgia road trip of 2008 collage. I am only one vacation collage behind and I plan to reprint those pics on Wed and get it done this weekend (wednesday is 9 cent reprint day at Walmart so the day I do all my pictures- Loretta would be proud :-) ).
Thirdly I connected on the phone with 3 'long lost' friends this weekend; those calls I always intend to make, but something gets in the way (perhaps it was Facebook).
Fourthly I organized the junk drawer during a nap time. Then got three boxes of Lucas hand-me-downs ready destined for other homes.
Fifthly I got all our CDs onto Itunes and then packed away for the basement.

Today I am working from home as Lucas is ill. I plan to tackle not only questions for the GI quarterly exam but the giant pile of crap on the kitchen table that just keeps getting pushed around.

I do miss a lot about facebook. I miss seeing my friend Amanda's sister Laura's posts about her crafts and her kids. I miss seeing what David Hemmer is going to say to every move of Obama and the democratic majority in Congress. I miss Karen Nichols' links on how cool Iowa City is. I miss getting updates from friends who have babies about the same age as Lucas. I miss responding to TV shows or funny commercials or olympic victories or crazy outfits (aka the Russian jungle native ice dancers).

So I don't have any grand plan to be done with Facebook forever; I can't wait to sign on again. It has been harder than even I thought it would be but then again it is supposed to be. So until Easter, I'll blog. I'll organize. I'll clean. I'll talk on the phone. I'll fast.

No comments: