Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Friday, April 16, 2010

5 years and counting...

Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has been 5 years. Bill and I got each other the same anniversary present... an infant and two teenagers and we are still on the same wavelength. I have had some trouble uploading pics to my blog but will try to put on some from our wedding tonight.
Every year on our wedding anniversary I want to put my dress back on and dance to our song, "Feels like home". 5 years and I still haven't done this yet. year 1 was easter and we had the big kids and then went right out of town for the night after we took them home. year 2 we were in washington dc at a VA conference Bill got an award at. We spent most of our anniversary watching footage from the VT shootings. year 3 was a wed night and we had the kids so didn't get to celebrate on that date. year 4 i was 39 weeks pregnant and in no mood for dancing. today we both work, the big kids come over at 5, gabby is having a slumber party. So my dress and dance will have to wait another year. Maybe year 6 is a charm.
We have definitely been through trials. We have definitely had our share of joy and sorrow. I couldn't picture my life with anyone else. I truly live a blessed life. I love you, Bill, today, tomorrow and forever. Happy Anniversary Boogs!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Congrats! It was such a perfect day, can't wait to see the photos and reminisce with you :)

Amber said...

I have always wanted to do that too! Maybe year 9 I will ...
:)
I'm still waiting to hear what you both got for each other!! (As long as its appropriate to put into print!) ha.