Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Full (partial full) circle

So my life has come full (or partial full) circle. Tonight I dropped Gabby off at her first Wyldlife event which is the junior high Young Life group. So I didn't bear Gabby or teach her to walk or read and I didn't meet her until she was 9 so it has been a quicker ascent to the teenage years than for most but nonetheless, she is in my life now and I just dropped her off for what hopefully was the first of many great nights with Young Life. I remember my first YL club in the barn in Cazenovia and for those old friends who read my blog they will remember what costume they came in, I was a hippy.

Young Life introduced me to Jesus, made me the woman of faith I am today and has indirectly and directly affected everything that I am and do. So it is a big jump to think all this will happen for Gabby after one event, but the seed is sown and this step mom is excited to watch it grow.

2 comments:

Stacey P said...

I drove through caz when I was home at Christmas and it was this crazy sense of deja vu. I am giving a talk at a women's retreat in a few weeks and I am supposed to share "my story" of where I have come from and where I am right now. Funny that the "where I have come from part" starts at that barn....

Jen said...

That's great. I can't wait for the day I can drop Jesse off at YL club.