Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, February 9, 2008

You, too, know it is true

So last week I got really sick... i may have had the actual 'flu' or just a really bad virus. I had a killer sore throat which made me cry every time i had to swallow or cough. It also made me hoarse and unable to speak for about 3 days. Now for all of you who know me you probably think it would be a blessing to have me finally quiet for a few days. We had plans to go to Chicago with my folks who were flying in, we had tickets to two shows and had already paid for the hotel so loaded up with Puffs Plus, three types of cough drops and my favorite pillow we headed east. I said about two whispered words in the car ride, a whole 3.5 hours without me saying anything. Bill thought it was going to be his dream come true but when we got there, he said, "I'll admit it, I don't like it when you can't talk. I feel like you're mad at me when you are so quiet". My folks asked me like a million times if I was ok, sad or mad because I was so quiet. They kept commenting on my quietness and how things just felt off.

HA! finally confirmation of what I already knew, though those close to me claim to want me to be quiet, life just isn't right when I'm not talking.

2 comments:

Stacey P said...

My dad would laugh at this post.

Jen said...

Hard to imagine you not talking. Hope you feel better! We had that around Christmas and it is a nasty one that lingers.