Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Wicked

I have a new non sexual crush on Erin Mackey who plays Glinda the good witch in the Chicago performance of Wicked. This is the second time I've seen her and she is just amazing; plays the hilarious ditzy blonde to perfection. And she was Lindsay Lohan's acting double in the Parent Trap which means she played one of the twins in every scene to have Lindsay act with and then they changed so in the final cut all the footage is Lindsay. That makes me love her more because that is one of my fav movies.

And then there is Dee Roscioli who plays Elphaba, the 'wicked' witch of the west. She has the most amazing voice. I can't describe what a magical feeling it was to sit in the audience and watch this musical. Everyone should see it, even my friend, Shonna, who hates musicals would love it.

I can't imagine having that much talent and having a job like that. I wonder if there are days Erin and Dee show up for a show and just aren't into that night. Dee doesn't want to get painted green, Erin is tired of wearing her sparking tiara and isn't in the mood to giggle. You wonder, right? because it is a job for them. That show just put a smile on my face which lasted all week.

To make me not feel so boring and talentless, I have reminded myself this week when I am going to work that what I do requires talent as well and the way I treat my patients could possibly put a smile on their face.

No comments: