Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, August 16, 2008

13 on her 14th

It is Regina Cross Country tradition to run a half marathon on the Saturday before school starts and to mark an end to the 'two a days' training week. Today is Gabby's 14th birthday and she ran 13 miles to celebrate. Bill and I volunteered to man the water station at mile 4/9 of the out and back course. So out of bed at 6 am we got, to Regina for directions and at our station at 7am. The coach left me some sidewalk chalk so I could decorate for Gabby.
Here is Gabby coming down the hill toward us at the 4 mile mark. The girls running with her said, "Look Gabby it says Happy Birthday Gabby" and she mumbled, "Oh I'm not paying attention". Apparently at 14 we are just embarrassing. At least I didn't put up balloons, make Bill and I wear matching shirts that said "It is Gabby's birthday" and have a cowbell to cheer her on. I think at this time in her life she would rather us wear matching shirts that say "We are in no way related to Gabby Iverson"
Bill sitting at our sweet water stand. Believe or not, the tablecloth was Bill's idea.
Here is Gabby coming back at the 9 mile mark.
She looks cute and adorable even after running 9 miles.
Happy 14th Birthday Gabby. We are so proud of you!


No comments: