Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

smiles and ice packs

Ok it has been a week since the unraveling of the Vineyard Community Church Co-Ed Slow Pitch Softball team. I am not quite over it yet. If I think too hard or too long, I get demoralized all over again but I'm coping. Here is a funny story about what happened at work the day after. I missed a good-bye party for a colleague that night because of the games. Here's a transcript:
gal at work: "where were you last night? you missed Kevin's party"
me: "my life was unraveling"
gal at work: with a really concerned look on her face "what happened?" (I am sure thinking that my mom died or Bill and I got in a huge fight or my house got blown away by a tornado)
me: "well my church softball team was in the finals and we were up by 7 runs in the last inning... (you know how this story ends- and I made it sound really really dramatic and drawn out and long as only my story telling can)
gal at work: "seriously Katie, you gotta get more in life to worry about"
here is our team all smiles on the outside and all frowns on the inside after we got our trophies
and the aftermath because I'm over 30 and got hit with three line drives playing second base... I sulked while icing my legs with bags of frozen vegetables on my legs. It is not always so glorious behind the scenes.






No comments: