Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Friday, December 26, 2008

And so it begins...

So I decided to finally open my birthday present and start putting it together. Seems like a good thing to do on a cold winter's day. Bill likes to play electronic football in the living room so I set up a table right next to his so we can 'spend' time together while we're indulging our individual vices.
Here is a picture of the huge box with its 10000+pieces
inside the huge box were four smaller boxes and one gigantic 270 page spiral bound instruction manual
the contents of the four boxes were a ton of small plastic bags containing all the pieces another shot of the instruction manual because it is so hefty it deserved a close up
2.5 hours later I had all the pieces organized by size and color in plastic containers to help with easy access when I start to build
I did make all the mini figures last night
it was harder than I thought because I had to make sure I had the right Lego head on the figures and match everyone's pants and tops and with 3 Luke Skywalkers with different hair styles, 2 Han Solos and a bunch of random imperial troops it took me longer than expected
whoops- I just by accident deleted the third picture of the mini figures and am too lazy to put it back on the blog. There are almost 20 people in total. You get the idea.
So now I am ready to start building. I'll blog on my progress from time to time. Any bets on what happens first? Baby Lucas or a completed 10000+ piece Lego Death Star.

1 comment:

Stacey P said...

Hope you don't need to package leftovers because I am pretty certain you have no tupperware left.