Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm may just be a fundraising genius

So here is what I did, two years in a row mind you. I organized a bake and craft sale to raise money for our Mexico Mission. I enlisted all the crafty gals at church to donate crafts, made the entire Mexico team bake goodies. I baked two of my 'in my mind county fair award winning' apple pies. And the stage was set. This year a new lady at church named Pat said she did some crafty things and wanted to help out. The more the merrier I thought. Little did I know what crafty things Pat did and how much she wanted to help out. We get to church last Sunday and Pat has this entire huge bin of stuff she has made; scarves, hats, and these adorable gift bags by the 100s. She says making this stuff is relaxing for her and she wanted to help out our mission. We had to lay out twice the table space just to be able to display all the stuff we had. Kate outdid herself with this awesome homemade advent calender that she under priced so I pushed it up $10 more bucks along with these bead filled heat massage pillows. Kim made adorable barrettes which make me wish we were having a girl along with some neat wall hangings. Amy and Nichole made cool jewelry. Dani, in her post partum state, donated some homemade soap, burp clothes and towel sets. Beth brought three awesome necklaces and a baby blanket I didn't buy but hope one turns up like that at my shower :-). Did I forget anyone? It was an amazing spread. The Wassinks and Mim brought yummy bread, Derek and Josh in the midst of studying for finals brought cookies. Shonna who is not even going this time made muffins which along with my 'in my mind county fair award winning apple pies' made for an amazing spread. Our little church who doesn't have a 'real building' yet is made up of large generous hearts. The sale went fabulous and we raised $933.25. Let me repeat that $933.25 for a small 150 person on a good day church in a small mid western town. It was amazing. I was in awe as I counted up the cash box. I just may be a fundraising genius or I just may just dwell in the best community ever! Is this Heaven? No it's Iowa... and we couldn't agree more.
Here are some of the cute bags we bought from Pat for gifts. Act surprised if you get one some day.
Here is one filled up
Had to buy these on the off chance my baby is a girl, but if not they will look adorable in some little girl named Lauren's hair.

No comments: