Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, June 14, 2008

A chinook? Are you kidding me?

Tomorrow at UIHC a chinook helicopter will be bringing in nurses who cannot get here due to the flooding. It rents for $4000/hr according to the National Guard spokesman who was at the disaster meeting this morning that one of our ER physicians attended. We all decided it would be cheaper to pay overtime to the people who are already here, give us free spicy fries (my favorite cafeteria food) and put us up in the dorms (the latter of which they are doing) rather than go with the chinook option. Apparently it is landing at the IC airport but the roads from the airport are flooded and I wonder if they are also renting a duck boat to bring the folks in from there. I am sure there will be new cameras there hoping to see someone fabulous jump out and it will be at least 3 ER nurses with lunch boxes. It is big news around this place and I still cannot believe this is the best option for our tax payer money.

No comments: