Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mazatlan Day -1

I am going to try to keep my blog updated with pictures if possible on our trip to Mexico with pictures as well for all of my faithful :-)

Well we are leaving in 4.5 hours and I just finished packing the luggage. I still have to tackle our carryons. We had not one thing packed until about 11 am this morning. Bill left a good part of his 'to do' list to last night which made me crazy and overly irritated because he has known he had to do these things since we arrived home from Mexico in January. That irritation coupled with a terrible 12 hour shift at work which did for the first time bring me to tears made for a long day. I had to have a moment in the bathroom crying but recovered well and I don't think anyone was the wiser of my breakdown. Oh yeah and he bought the wrong test strips for our glucometer but turns out they don't make the strips for our glucometer anymore so at like midnight he ran to Walgreens to buy a new glucometer for the strips he bought the other day.

He did get all his stuff done, got a few hours of sleep and because we traded our small Honda for our pastors suburban we only have one car to drive today which is not a crisis except I had to drive him to work spoiling my sleep in plans. We had a biblical deluge of rain today so now we have standing water in the basement which I cannot deal with. I did my monthly weigh in at weight watchers so now I can eat all the cheese I want in Mexico and have until July to burn it off. But seeing as how the weather report from Mazaltan is "hot, humid, upper 90s, no chance of rain or a cloud for 4 months" I may just sweat it off.

In the midst of packing Gabby calls from her last day of junior high, 'could you pick me up please please please? I just cleaned out my locker and I can't walk home'. So off to Regina I head and it is unclear how big her locker actually is because she had a huge garbage bag of what I can only imagine is crap she has been looking for since August. She was grateful and it was good to see her however briefly before we left. Nile graduated from 6th grade yesterday, had no school today so he spent the night. We will miss his birthday which he thinks is just another reason why Dad loves Gabby more. ugh! Thanks to all the snow days pushing the last day of school a week later we were really boxed into these dates.

I was planning a long run this afternoon if I got my stuff done but realized I just packed my running shoes etc and I am not opening those suitcases again. So after my last few errands, I plan to put the clothes away that are on the bed and take a nice nap before I have to go retrieve Bill, pack the suburban, pick up the rest of the team and head up to Minneapolis.

Bill just called from work asking about our on the road dinner and now I'm finally getting excited.

Prayer requests for day -1:
safety of travel tonight and tomorrow, on time flights
jaime's passport has a typo and I pray no one notices
green lights at customs so we get all our medicine through
good bonding of our team in the first 24 hours
for me to calm down and realize it all got done and being a ball of stress the last 24 hours has not been productive and just made the ulcer I know I have worse

Thanks for praying! Next blog from hot and steamy Mazatlan.

3 comments:

ABG said...

Praying. You know you can call me from the bathroom mid breakdown if you need to. ILY.

Adey said...

Ok, I'm 51 and still figuring out blogs. But with minimal coaching i've got it. Enjoy a moth-free ride.
oooh, how boring!

Amber said...

Katie -
Except for the 90degrees, steamy and not a cloud in site part, I wish Tim and I were going along. I'm not sure the weather will be better in Sept, though!!
We'll be praying you off the ground, through customs easily, to Quesadillas Criminales, and for God to work and heal through you guys this week.
I big hug to you and Memo!
Amber