Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mazatlan Day 1

So we made it here safely. All of our luggage arrived and we all got green lights at customs. Thank you Jesus. We had a nice trip to St Paul last night, got a few hours of sleep and had a good timing at the airport this morning. We thought we were going to have to pay $100 for our extra 4 bags of luggage but somehow it turned up on the computer that we only owed $50 for the 4 of us so that was a huge blessing. No one even looked twice that Jamie´s passport said she was 78 years old. Our connection in Phoenix was really quick but Bill and I had enough time to get our favorite egg sandwiches.. you know you have flown a certain route too many times when you know where all your favorite food is along the way.

We are staying at a new different hotel which is much nicer than the one we usually stay at (which was plenty nice) so we feel spoiled. However, I feel out of sorts because at the old place I know how everything works from the safe in the room to where to get pool towels etc. I guess I am never too old to learn. :-). I am also uncaffienated, exhausted and hypoglycemic which isn´t helping me adapt well to new surroundings.

The internet place here is only open until 6 pm so my hopes to blog everyday may be in vain because I will miss the window of open internet. I´ll see if I can find another computer.

The highlight of the day was on our first take off. I forgot Jaime had never flown before and she had this amazing open mouth, wide open eye grin/laugh when we started going fast for takeoff and when we got off the ground. I should have snapped a picture because it was worth a million words.

Prayer requests -
our first full day tomorrow we´ll be having clinic at Urias, that it all goes smoothly with set up and flow of patients
that we can get all our meds sorted and labeled tonight and get some sleep too
for jeremy and shonna, the last of our team, who will be flying in on the exact same route we took today
for my attitude to not be too bossy, irritated because i´m hot and tired and to feel free to enjoy the time here and not be too stressed that it all has to be done the way i want

Hopefully i´ll be able to post tomorrow. this place has wireless internet but i can´t seem to get mine to work...dad, anyone- any suggestions?

thanks to my faithful friends for following along and being in this with me.

No comments: