Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, November 22, 2008

A makeover

So this is a picture of 'the old chair'. My dad bought it for my mom in 1974 and she nursed me in this sweet green plaid rocker. It was in our house for years and I took it to PA school because I didn't have any other furniture. I put a blanket over it so it didn't look so bad. It has been in our garage since we moved into our house in 2005 and it really shows its years. We took it to a local upholstery place for it to be redone. It was my parent's present to me for Christmas and new baby to have it redone.
It was just delivered yesterday and here it is. The color is kind of neutral/basic but it will go in any room and once I get the nursery set, I'll get some colored pillows to match. I can't believe how amazing it looks.
It looks like a brand new chair and it is so comfy. I'm ready to rock my little baby for hours in this. We also picked the fabric that is tough and will cover spit up really well :-)
I can't wait to pack this chair into a Uhaul in 19 years as we send little on off to college-- they will probably think the chair is ugly and old, but I'll give them the sob story about how I was nursed in this chair and they were nursed in this chair and they'll be mortified that they have to take it, but I think deep down they'll love it just like I do.

1 comment:

Jen said...

We have a family chair like that. My dad had this fantastic rocker when we were kids. When I was moving to New Hampshire, my mother offered to get it reupholstered so that I could take it with me. It ended up being the one chair that I was the most comfortable when nursing Jesse and I plan to nurse the new baby in it, too.

Beau talks about ditching the chair, but that chair will go with one of the kids when they move out. Just like your family chair.