Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A new day is dawning

So today I went to Stuff, which is our consignment shop, and I cleaned up. I can't believe the deals I got. I am taking everyone's advice and I am embracing my new body and trying to glow. Gals at work said to add some things that you picked out to your handmedowns and you'll feel much better about clothes and getting fatter. We'll see how long it lasts.
These four shirts were 'regular' price (but I got 10% off because I donated a dollar to their charity of the day) ...
$4.50, $6.29, $3.60, $3.00
These pants were also 'regular price' minus 10%
brown cords on the L still with tags on them, $8.99
green cords in the middle, my 'splurge' of the day, $11.69 (I have them on right now and they are so comfy and cute)
army green cotton pants on the R $7.19
Here come the real bargains---
this super cute, maybe impractical for iowa winter but i can wear it in Mexico and in the spring before i (hopefully) get back to my old clothes, dress.
tags still on it, original price $46.99
stuff price $19.99, but 80% off today so I got it for $4.00
For some reason I can't type above these two dresses. The one on the L I will wear for Christmas. Who cares that it doesn't have sleeves? That is what sweaters are for. It is kind of hard to see but it is black with red beading. 80% off today, I paid $1.60 for it.
The dress on the L is fake velvet which I can wear when I see Wicked in Chicago in a few weeks. Little flowers along the empire waist. 50% off today, I paid $3.50.
Grand total for 4 shirts, 3 pants and 3 dresses... $57.62

I can't believe the finds I found. Thanks to my friend, Ali, who told me Stuff in Coralville is better than the one in Iowa City and thanks to you all for helping me regroup and 'remoralize' after my demoralization. You all are the best!

3 comments:

Linda Cook said...

Now we need to see you model your good finds!

Erica Byers said...

I'm happy to hear your spirits are on the rise :0) You found some cute and comfortable stuff! If I hadn't borrowed most of mine and they weren't all summer clothes...I'd send some your way!

ABG said...

LOVE the empire waist dress, Katie. It's very P&P