Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Team Iverson

Our back yard is not huge but as of about 15 minutes ago it was covered in about 2 inches of wet fallen leaves. Yesterday I tried to go out and rake it into piles... I lasted less than 20 minutes when I realized I am either too pregnant or too lazy to be raking up wet heavy leaves when it is actually snowing. "What would happen to our grass if we just left those leaves out there?" I asked Bill when I came in. He grunted and shrugged and I know thought I was a wimp for not raking more. Today he went out to rake, he got the lawn raked into piles and got two huge blisters on his hands for his effort. We were going to have to become Team Iverson if we were going to get it all moved to the front for the town leaf sucker who is scheduled on our street in about 48 hours. So we rallied the troops, got the tarps and loaded them up before dragging them to the front. Bill broke a rake in half. Perfect size for half pint to help us out in a year or two.
Here are the after shots of the backyard
Come snow, we're ready for you.
Here are some sweet shots of the massive pile out front

The pile is about 1/2 as tall as Nile; he posed for comparison.
Team Iverson 1 Lawn 0
casualty 1 rake

1 comment:

The Lemans said...

I walked through the backyard today and, I have to say, it looked great! Usually, I have to give Bill a hard time about the state of things. But, wow...i was impressed! oh, and thanks for the Fruit Loops!!
aj