Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, November 8, 2008

One for the ages

"I have been to the mountaintop and I have seen the promised land". My fingers and toes have finally thawed so I am able to blog about it. We just got back from the Hawk game where they beat #3 Penn State with a last second field goal. Finally a nationally televised game where we didn't play like losers. When Rick Stanzi, our QB, was marching us down the field getting us the into field goal range, I yelled "If we win I will name my unborn child Stanzi" Do you think I am tied to that promise? It was just a bunch of drunk freezing guys who heard. Bill negated my promise by yelling "No we won't" right after. The win was made sweeter because hometown hero, alumni of Regina (where Gabby and Nile go to school), walk on kicker Daniel Murray scored the field goal to win the game. I watched it happen and I still can't believe it. I know it is only football but I started to cry when we won. I only had my camera phone so the pictures aren't great but at least I got some pictures.
the all important scoreboard the field after the game
the mob was crazy
our frozen smiles
Nile and his friend, Cale with Bill. we were lucky that Uncle Tom had two extra tickets so Nile could go with his friend.
IT IS A GREAT DAY TO BE A HAWK!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

We caught the last minute of the game on the radio and I wondered if you were there. Glad to know you saw Iowa history in the making!

Shanel said...

We're going to fight, fight, fight for IOWA till the game is WON!! Go Hawkeyes!!

AJ and Kim said...

I O W A
I gotta say that it was a great game!! Go Hawks Go!