Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Demoralization

Here is an ode to my size 6 pants. The ones I worked so hard with weight watchers to fit into. The ones I rejoiced when I bought and wanted to tell everyone at the store that I was now wearing a size 6. I even bought a few size 4's just because I could. Here is an ode to you as well. You don't fit anymore. I am fat. I am having a baby. I am trying to be positive that I am giving life to someone but right now I'm a little pissed my clothes don't fit. Isn't it early for my pants not to fit? I'm only 18 weeks. Rumor has it the gal at church who will deliver any day still wears her regular pants. I try not to hate her. Could that rumor be true? I packed up all my pants, shorts and skirts into a giant tub. I just can't see them anymore. I have been blessed by my Aunt Linda and my friend Janel for loaning me maternity clothes so I actually won't be naked.
Right now in this 'blessed season', I just feel demoralized. This little person better be worth it and like sleep through the night at 4 weeks and be ready for raking at age two :-) People say pregnant ladies glow and look great. I am not glowing and feel flabby. Ugh. Oh yeah and Half Pint, I love you and all, but no complaining about the jog stroller because it is going to be your second home until Mommy can retrieve the tub of her wonderful size 6 pants and get back into them.
**disclaimer no one send me a comment about how your wore your regular jeans until like 36 weeks or you never grew out of them and weren't you just so lucky? my misery only loves company. i want to hear fat stories and the redemption weight loss power of delivery and breast feeding**

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

with the boys i was in maternity clothes at week 12! of course they were twins, but still. i gained 50 lbs with Tay and with the boys. I'm sure you will do much better than that. By breast feeding, I had dropped the entire weight gain by the time my 6 week appt rolled around. I still had toning work to do but it was redemptive to know I had lost the actual weight. Same story for both pregnancies. You can do it girl! Step back and enjoy the life growing inside you, you will have your body back someday.

Love,
amy

Linda Cook said...

Katie my dear daughter. I gain 50 lbs with you and couldn't see my feet and ended up skinny again. Relax, get that glow back and enjoy the ride girl, Just wait to Half Pint starts giving you a kick or two, now that's a thrill.

Linda Cook said...

Katie my dear daughter. I gain 50 lbs with you and couldn't see my feet and ended up skinny again. Relax, get that glow back and enjoy the ride girl, Just wait to Half Pint starts giving you a kick or two, now that's a thrill.

Linda Cook said...

Hey Cookie. I gain 50 lbs with you and couldn't see my feet and look I got skinny again. Relax and enjoy the ride. ILY

Amber said...

Katie-
I gained 35 lbs, and there was only one little 7lb 15 oz baby in there. Breastfeeding totally sucked (no pun intended) at first, but there were lots of benefits and one of the best was uncontrollable weight loss. I was back to high school weight by the time I went back to work. Too bad when I weaned her I gained back to my regular weight.
And, now I'm at it again. Yikes!
We'll have to get the joggers out together!! :)
Enjoy the pregnancy - it goes so fast, and soon the real adventure begins!! :)
Can't wait to see your baby belly!

Stacey P said...

pictures please

MaestraBenefield said...

pregnancy is rough on self image for sure. Just wait till half pint's not even in there any more and you still look like a cow. it's great fun. :)

Jen said...

With Jesse I was into maternity clothes before I was ready to share the news at work. I think I was into maternity clothes a few weeks earlier than that with this baby.

As for the weight loss post birth - breast feeding definitely helps. Although be prepared for permanent body changes - you will lose the weight, but your body will not be the same shape. Sadly, I gained about 20 lbs back after I stopped nursing.

Since you're active, you should be fine once Half Pint arrives.

Erica Byers said...

OK Kate...here is my real life story of three pregnancies...you gain weight, you can't help it, it is healthy, blah, blah, blah...the good news: it can all go away after a while. While I have known those to wear their regular pants throughout their pregnancy and those who could fit into their regular pants after delivery...I would say they are few and far between. I'm at 11 weeks post birth and just fitting into my regular pants without much effort other than breastfeeding. I would exercise more, but after my experience with my other two little ones, it is a detriment to my milk supply. Just remember...it's not about you right now, and may never be again, and you won't be thinking about all of the weight gain when you look at your little joy of joys after giving birth :0) Half pint won't care if you weigh 200 lbs as long as it is fed and cuddled :0) and Bill married you when you wore a size 10 :0) love you!!! Erica

Jenn/Ev said...

Katie, I'm about 4 weeks behind you, but probably several lbs ahead of you! Seriously, despite 6 weeks of nausea I still managed to gain 10 lbs in the first 10 weeks (not to mention that my stomach muscles gave up by week 6--I had some relatives convinced I was carrying twins because I was "showing" so much. Alas, it was not baby/uterus, just flab!). I managed to wear my usual size 8/10s until about week 10 with my Bella Bands (so they were secretly unbuttoned and partially unzipped) but finally had to give up. Now 12s are too tight and 14s are probably okay for only 1-2 more weeks. Elastic and draw-string waists are my friends, but maternity pants are beginning to call my name. I had to go out and buy a maternity dress for my brother's wedding last weekend because none of my other wedding-worthy dresses fit.

So there is my long, rambling pregnancy sympathy comment! I got up to 200 lbs with Aidan, hopefully I'll manage a bit less with Little Ham #2!

Jenn Hamner

The Lemans said...

Katie, I will show you my stretched out wrinkly post-baby belly any time you need a morality boost. That is my commitment to you!

jenn said...

I gained 40 lbs with Zuzu. Three weeks after having her I went to the mall and bought pants and granny panties many sizes up from what I used to wear (and cried in the dressing room) because I could not imagine my hips would shrink back. Somehow my body came back on its own (without me worrying) because I was too busy chasing after the wee one and nursing. Totally worth it. Your baby belly looks great, by the way.