Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Friday, August 21, 2009

Durant Dusk Hustle

So last August on 8/8/08 when the Olympics were starting, Bill and I and some friends went to run the Durant Dusk Hustle. It was a hot August evening and I ran my PR of 28:10. I was really really tired and thirsty afterwards, more so than normal because what I didn't know is that TBL had just got his grip inside of me and was starting to grow. The Durant Dusk Hustle was supposed to be two weeks ago but it got postponed until tonight. Bill was home with the kids and TBL and off I went alone to this race. My sister in law signed up for it but because of the postponement she couldn't urn. Off to Durant I went, signed in and got ready. There were 10 gals in my age group signed up and I didn't think I would be able to place. The gun went off and off we went. It was a nice beautiful night in the 60s. I decided I just want to break 30 minutes. I think that course is short but anyway mile 1 in 9:23, mile 2 in 10.26 (I think mile 1 is short and mile 2 is long) and the last 1.1 miles in 9.40 which is a 8.47 pace. I finished in 29:31 which is only 1 minute and 21 seconds slower than last year. And in the last 12 months, I have gained 45 pounds, delivered a child, lost over 35 pounds and started running again. Well last year I was popsicle stick number 91 and this year I was popsicle stick number 88. Last year I got 3rd in my age group and this year I got 2nd. There was no one there to cheer me on or take pictures at finish or me getting my medal but I got a shot of myself when I got home.

No comments: