Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Thursday, August 20, 2009

the need for a snuggle

a terrible thing happened at work today. the worst possible imaginable emergency. i can't even really type about it. i wasn't even involved, but i knew it happened. i almost threw up. i did cry. i left work an hour early to come home and snuggle my bug and feed him before bed. for 45 glorious minutes, my typical fast-20 minutes and done-eater just took his sweet time drinking his fill as i rubbed his back and head, drank in his smell and got intoxicated all over again with my son. i thought why is TBL eating so slow? maybe he knew i needed the extra time with him and maybe, just maybe he needed it with me as well.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's funny, I had the same thing happen with Molly Ann last night and this morning. She nursed much longer than she normally does lately and I loved every minute even though I was going to be late to work this morning because of it. Totally worth it.