Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Chance Encounters


So one of my closest friends in college was Janna. We were RAs together. After college we lost touch out of no faults of our own just time and distance and busy lives. I always wondered where she ended up. Two spring breaks ago while on a long layover in Chicago, we took the kids into the Field Museum for the day rather than sitting in O'Hare. When we got our food in the bustling food court for a quick lunch, I walked right into Janna who was there with her family. Her eldest son woke up that day and said he wanted to see the dinosaurs so off to the Field Museum they went. It was so random and fun to run into her all these years after college. So we got on Facebook and we started to just chat every now and then. Last summer when we went to Tybee Island in Georgia, I got a note from Janna that they were moving there the day after we left. So my mom and I scoped out their new house and left a fun 'welcome home' gift in her mailbox. Anyway long story, but yesterday in O'Hare Bill and I were walking to Terminal C and the gal in front of me on the walking sidewalk looked a lot like Janna. Her hair, her build, her walk. There is no way she is in Chicago, I thought. She still works for her Chicago company from Savannah and comes up once a month for meetings but what are the odds. I am telling Bill a story and start to talk a bit louder knowing that if it is Janna she will recongize my voice and turn around. By golly it was her. Our next flights were leaving from gates right next to each other so we got to sit, have a bite to eat and catch up. Another random chance encounter with Janna. It was a delightful way to spend our layover. 

No comments: