Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Friday, January 9, 2009

Montage from Mazatlan

We had to sort and count vitamins into month's supplies which we did in the hotel lobby the night before our first clinic. Strangely this large table in the lobby disappeared after we did this. I wonder if it was not meant to be used in this capacity :-) It was so much easier to get this done with the help for 25 other folks. Last time there were just 4 of us.
Here is a group shot from Church on Sunday.
Back row... Cassie Wassink, Kiwi Georgia, Kiwi Rosa, Kiwi James (Dad), Bill, Me, Elizabeth, Marya Outterson (family from Boston)
Middle row... Josh Wassink, Tom Wassink with Adey Wassink whose arm is around Abby Outterson, Kiwi Ben, Kiwi Anna (Mom), Joe Wassink, Luke Wassink, Mariel and Benjamin Bryden (med students) and Kevin Outterson
Front row: Kiwi Joe, Caleb Wassink, Mim Winn, Meredith Outterson, Derek (recent Iowa grad) and Josh Fischer aka Fish (med student) missing Katie Outterson who was a bit under the weather
Bill and I getting coffee after church
Elizabeth and I and if you look closely you can see Lucas' distortion of my body
Kevin with the help of Kiwi Rosa explaining medication dosing to a patient at Dona Chonita
Fish with the help of Ben who speaks the best Spanish seeing a patient in Dona Chonita
Mariel and Mim checking patients in at triage
Bill and I taking a break from seeing patients. You don't have to look too hard to see Lucas in this picture. I'm getting big.
Elizabeth and I on her last night
Bill and I like to be adorable and wear matching Hawkeye gear. Did I mention that Iowa was the only Big 10 team to win its Bowl game? Go HAWKS!
Seeing a patient at Universo with Dave (missionary who lives in Mazatlan full time) helping me translate
Kiwi James in the far back outside the mobile Sunday school doing balloon animals
Above is the kids running the mobile kitchen with Josh at the hot grill
Kiwi James in balloon animal making action
Quote of the trip unrelated to Mexico, medicine or God from Fish:
while watching this amazing street artist do amazing paintings with spray paint and fire, "I have been in college for almost 12 years and I can't really do anything."
Kiwi highlight- anytime we could get the Kiwis to say they liked something because they would say that was 'quite good' which doesn't read well but in their accent is super fun to hear. Bill would coax it out of mainly Georgia and Rosa whenever he could.

1 comment:

MaestraBenefield said...

I love how the random person in the 4th picture down is holding Ethan! ha ha... next year it will be Lucas. Miss you already.