Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pictures from our fun day.

Here is a collection of pictures from my shower and the day with my family.
My mom set out an amazing spread of food. I don't think I really am as big as this picture; I blame it on the camera lens for making me look so darn wide.
Nancy is the Younglife Admin in Syracuse who kept me sane during my internship here; her daughter Annette was one of my brother's students and a high school kid when I was a YL leader. It was great to see them both.
Random candid shot of folks having fun. These gals represent Young Life kids turned adults, friends that were leaders and in the background, Diana Emhoff, who is the matriarch of a great family whose kids I grew up with.
I got an extra action figure of pregnant Padme (Luke and Leia's mom) years ago and saved it for the cake at my baby shower. My mom kept calling her Leia and I kept correcting her. She made the perfect addition to my cake.I can't believe my niece Madison is 10 already.
My mom wanted to play the shower game "guess how fat the pregnant girl is?" and I put my foot down saying NO GAMES. She, of course, only half listened and we play two benign games.... guess the babyfood flavor (no tasting, no smelling, just looking) and guess how many M&Ms are in the bottle. Very well done Mom on the whole day... great food, good games, great company and tons of loot for Lucas and Me!

We also celebrated my dad's birthday which is on 2/2 with another cake. We have like 1000 slides of all of our childhood pictures. My brothers and I want them converted to discs so we can have them/reproduce them. I'm dying to find the picture of my eldest brother David who climbed over the side of the Grand Canyon and said, "Help mom I'm falling" Once my mom's heart started beating again and my dad finished 'talking through his teeth' at David, they realized he was safe and took a great picture. Anyway we bought my dad a slide converter so he can begin working on storing our childhood memory on some type of usable 21st century media.
Me and my brothers... David is on the L and Brian is on the R
With David's wife Melissa, their daughter Madison and, of course, Bill. Brian's wife Michelle and his daughter Lauren didn't make the trip.
More than my baby shower and celebrating her husband's birthday, my mom was in heaven having all her kids home at the same time. We haven't all been together since summer 2006 and haven't been together at my folks house since before that.
Here is some pictures of the clothes Lucas got. He has tons of the cutest clothes ever. Bet he can't wait to pee, poop, spit up and vomit on them.

An overall picture of the loot.

It was a great great great day!

No comments: