Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Child birthing, here I come...

Relax, everyone and my mom, I am NOT pregnant but bearing a child is the only thing left on Katie's Terrified to To List now that I can cross of having cavities filled! yippee, I'm done. It went great. I didn't feel a thing and was quite entertaining to the office with my drama. Here are some sound bytes from my day at the Dentist.

Girl at the Desk (GATD): Hi there
Me: I am here to face my doom
GATD: It is not that bad
Me: That is what you all say but I think you're lying. My friends have said you're lying.
GATD: You don't have nice friends. Sit over there and take a few deep breaths
-------
Dentist: Are you ready?
Me: I called my mom and we discussed the distribution of my wealth if I don't make it
Dentist: slight chuckle
-------
needle going in to the cheek
Me: Have you done this before?
Dentist: No but last night I stayed a Holiday Inn Express
** not really but I wish he would have said that, he just rolled his eyes and jammed the needle in**
-------
after the shots
Me: My tongue feels numb
silence- no one picked up my What about Bob? reference but my tongue was really numb
-------
after the last cotton wad extracted
Dentist: You're done, see that wasn't so bad
Me: I am going to go on TV praising the skills of your cavity filling ability. I am going to do a full media blitz. You will have so much business you'll be turning people away.
Dentist: small smile and a patronizing pat on the shoulder for the 'crazy girl' who just paid for his new golf clubs
--------
GATD: See that wasn't so bad, tell your friends they were wrong
Me: Now all I have left is to get knocked up and go through labor and I'll have done all the scary things there is to do
GATD: laughing while thinking 'this girl is nuts. good thing the waiting room is not full to hear her say such things'

and that was what happened at my day at the dentist.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

You have inspired me. I had a dentist appt. shortly after yours, a few weeks ago. After I read your blog, I religiously brushed the very back teeth. Still, it turns out that the "deep grooves" in my teeth now need to be filled. I get to go back next week. Following in your footsteps, I am. ALSO, I read your dentist soundbites out loud to James and we both laughed heartily. And finally, I saw that you just read There is No Me Without You. Melissa Faye Greene was our writer in residence at school this year. She spoke in assembly and was fabulous!