Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring Cleaning

So the corner has turned, spring has begun and I realized if I can face my fears of getting my cavities filled, I can face the backyard. Blast that beautiful 100 year old oak tree who drops his leaves too late in the fall to have the city suck them up at the curb. My enthusiasm waned about 5 minutes into raking when I started to think to myself, Why don't I just hire a lawn service? And I am calculating a lawn service into my budget as the piles keep accumulating. Then I realize I have only one yard bag so I have to run to Ace Hardware which isn't so bad actually because they have popcorn on the weekends. Back armed with 20 yard bags and these cool yellow plastic shovel/rake type devices claiming to make yard work easier, I start bagging. Bill took these action shots of me because he found great humor in the big yellow plastic hands.
About bag 9 my neighbor yells from over the fence, "you know the town is giving out 10 free yard bags because of the late leaf drop this year". Yes I did know that which I found out after I got back from the store....Ugh- Information that could have been useful to me about 45 minutes ago...
the FRUITS of my LABOR --13 yard bags filled with leaves
here is the backyard now. It looks like I did NOTHING back there... double ugh! Good thing I have the bags at the curb to prove it.


1 comment:

ABG said...

Love the sight of those full green bags, don't you?

Did the yellow hands work?

a