Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Monday, June 8, 2009

Art Festival Finds

I 'convinced' (well Lucas really did the convincing) my folks to stay around a few extra days after Bill returned home from Mexico so we could go to the Art Festival together. The first weekend in June is the Iowa City Art Festival... it is my favorite summer Iowa City activity. It was pouring cats and dogs so I put Lucas in the mei tai carried a big umbrella and away we went. We found some great stuff.
I found this great wall hanging for Lucas' room. At first I only saw it in pink with flowers but right when I was leaving the booth I spotted it in 'boy colors'. I LOVE IT. My dad bought it for us and it is going to be great on Lucas' wall. In case you can't read all the sayings it says, "say your prayers, be kind, clean up your messes, share, obey mom and dad, grow to know Jesus, dare to dream, say please and thank you, forgive, play fair, laugh a lot and love each other" Now if Lucas can grow to do all those things, if Bill and I can model all of these things to Lucas than our future looks bright.Found this hilarious card to have on reserve in case I ever have the perfect occasion. It says "They say we all have our demons. Lucky for me, I only have one and he's real nice"
My mom and I both got glass charm necklaces from one of the artists. I picked out this maple leaf because it is my mom's favorite tree and it makes me feel close to her to wear it. Every time I see a maple tree in the fall with all its vibrant colors it makes me feel close to my mom and childhood home on Candy Lane which has amazing maples.
It was a great day at the Art Festival. We could have bought a TON more stuff but we didn't much to the delight of our husbands :-) The rain eventually stopped, Lucas slept the entire time and it was just glorious.

No comments: