Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Worth every penny

Just got 'the bill' for the Baby Lucas. Our hospital lumps everything together at the end so you don't pay at every visit or for every lab test during your pregnancy. The grand total for the Baby Lucas $26,744.39. When he wants to know why we doesn't get him this or that or why we don't 'spend' money on him, I'll remind him of that number :-). In all seriousness, I am very grateful to be gainfully employed and fully insured because we owe a small measly fraction of that amount after what Blue Cross Blue Shield covered. It is mind boggling to me how folks with no insurance feel when they see a bill like that. And despite the fact he is crying now, I'd say he's worth every penny.

1 comment:

ABG said...

Hmmm. The next time someone asks me how much I "paid" for my children (ugh), I'll tell them that compared to my friend Katie's hospital bill, my kids were a bargain (grrr). :)