Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The perfect food and so much more

One of my friends has a brother in law who is really into nutrition and supplements and well balanced diets etc. When she was pregnant with her first kid, he was obsessed with breast milk because he said it was the perfect food. The perfect mix of carbs, protein, fat, sugars etc because obviously it is all little babies need to grow and develop. I think he was so obsessed with it that he tried to convince her to give him some that she pumped. I never did clarify whether she gave her brother in law her breast milk; that seems a bit creepy. Anyway Lucas has a blocked tear duct. We thought it may be conjunctivitis so we did two courses of antibiotic drops with no much improvement in the goop that collected. We started massaging his tear duct hoping to open it up and used warm water to wipe up the goop. Then I turned to the internet. Lots of mom said put breast milk in the eye, cleared it right up. I checked with my 'mom friends' and got lots of responses of other uses for breast milk; random rashes, stuffy noses, diaper rash but no one ever put it in the eye. Well I did and guess what; Lucas' eye is a ton better. Bill and Susie put a drop in his eye at every feeding from the bottle. Now when I feed him it is bit more complicated. It may be too much information but get the visual, I got a kind of squirmy baby on my lap and I'm leaning close to his eye with my nipple trying to squirt milk into his eye. Even funnier that milk comes out like three ducts so the poor kid gets it multiple directions. He is so shocked by it he just looks dazed unable to figure out if he needs to cry or not. I can't wait for his first cold when I shoot nature's remedy up his nose.
Breast milk- the perfect food and so much more

2 comments:

Linda Cook said...

Do you think your milk will unclog drains too??

AJ and Kim said...

omg! this is to funny!! just for the record, the 'brother-in-law' did take a least a sip. he is crazy, but after reading your post, maybe he is on to something!