Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Raising a son

Today I went to the graduation party for our pastor's two eldest sons. One is graduating from college at age 20 and pursuing a PhD in Math and one is graduating from 'high school' at age 18 who actually has over a 100 college credits and is choosing to basically begin his undergrad again at a private college about 1 hour away. They are both amazing men. As their folks shared about them and we prayed for them, I was holding the Baby Lucas wondering what type of man he will grow up to be. Both Luke and Josh are strong in their faith, quick to laugh, very generous with their time and talents, smart, respectful, polite, well spoken... everything you would want your child to grow up to be. I am humbled by the task ahead of me (and Bill too) in raising our son to be a man who is strong in faith, quick to laugh, generous with time and talents, smart, respectful, polite and well spoken. I got the book, "It's a boy: Understanding your son's development from birth to age 18" this week and look forward to reading it and getting some insight perhaps into my son- it got great reviews. If Lucas' graduation party was anything like Luke and Josh's today than the book was good and Bill and I with the Lord's help and lots of hard work got it right. Currently my little man is asleep so that is where I shall be shortly.

1 comment:

Amber said...

when you stop the craziness that is having a baby just long enough to sit and consider the amazing task of being entrusted with these babies it is very humbling, isn't it?!
I'm sure you will, with God's help, raise a wonderful son!