Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Friday, April 18, 2008

baby Ethan

Our great missionary friends in Mazatlan, Kyle and Ellen Benefield, just had their baby on the 15th. They have answered God's call to live among the poor in Mazatlan to preach the good news and they decided to have their baby there in Mazatlan. Honestly, I was a bit worried for them and didn't know why they just didn't come 'home' for the birth. But that is home to them. Bill and I are constantly in awe of their committment and passion to have picked up and moved so far from home to make a new home. You should check out their blog (link on the R) and check out the video/pictures of Ethan. The room in the hospital she had him in was so interesting to see after seeing many American 'birthing suites'. You can get some good shots of the cute little house they live in as well. They are in the middle of God's will for their lives in Mazatlan and I am so proud to be their friends. I am getting excited to go to Mazatlan in a few weeks to see baby Ethan and I am sure I'll have half a suitcase for sure full of goodies.

1 comment:

MaestraBenefield said...

Ha ha. Thanks for the shout out, you make us sound like rock stars. :) I love your wedding pics BTW. I can't wait for you to meet Ethan. I know everyone says this, but seriously, when I say it, it's true- I feel sorry for all the other babies, b/c God gave us the best one of all.
-Ellen