Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Flickering Blip

Work has been really busy and not so rewarding the past few weeks. The opening our new gigantic ER has meant more work and less fun while at work. I'm not big on change so it is taking time for me to get used to it.

I have told probably a dozen women over the year I've been in the ER that they are pregnant. No one has ever been happy about it. I've had that news met with swearing, yelling, wide eyed looks of disbelief followed by tears, sobbing, asking for information about abortions etc. No one has every been pleased... until Friday.

I told a 37 year old woman who had been married for over a year, thinking she may have missed her time to conceive that her daily vomiting was actually due to pregnancy. The look on her face was priceless. She and her husband could hardly contain their joy. We ended up doing an u/s as well in the ER and saw this little flickering blip of a baby. I got to turn the monitor and say, "Look there is your baby's heartbeat". They were both tearful and for one minute on one busy Friday night I said to myself, "I love this job".

3 comments:

Erica Byers said...

Katie,
So cool! Don't be afraid of Mr. Linky...just put in your blog's url if you post, you can even copy and paste it. I love the comments either way! You are rockin' with your projects!

Boom said...

I love your job, too! What a neat "duty" to have.

ABG said...

ooooooh. that's amazing.