Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake

Early this morning at about 4:30 am (and I only know the time because my mom got us one of those cool clocks which projects the time on the wall in the dark) we were awoken by some shaking. The open door to our bedroom was rattling. It lasted for about 20 seconds and then stopped. Groggily I said to Bill, what was that? An earthquake maybe, he replied. Good answer for a guy who has never felt an earthquake before. I got to work today, checked out the news and there was a 5.2 scale earthquake whos epicenter was in central Il. Who would have thunk it? Here I was all this time thinking I lived squarely in the middle of a stable tectonic plate. Apparently not all the faults are in California. Anyone else feel it?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Actually, the midwest is on a large fault line that scientists predict will result in an earthquake to rival the 1906 San Fran quake.

Something to look forward to!