Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Date Night

Long time, no blog.


Bill has been really busy the last few months preparing for his recertification board exam which happens tomorrow. He has been diligent in reading, note taking, stressing, practice questioning, reading some more, stressing some more and it has really consumed most of his time since we went to Puerto Rico in Feb. So with that said, our time together has been limited as well.

Tonight we have our house group for church which we lead. All the couples take turn leading discsussion on marriage type issues. Tonight our friend, Fran, wanted us to listen to a sermon from Dave S. at the Cambridge Vineyard on marriage. Bill didn't think he was going to have time with his studying. But last night we stopped everything just for 37 minutes, sat around the computer together and listened. What a refreshing date night it was for us.

I highly recommend everyone listen to it with their spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend (Lizzie- I mean you!) ; life is busy I know, kids are crazy, work is stressful but if you can find the time to listen to this, I think you'll find blessing in your marriage. The link is below. He talked some about the 5 love languages which everyone may already know about but it is always helpful to be reminded. One of his main points is that we tend to love our spouse the way that makes us feel loved but if that is not our spouse's love language, it really isn't helping. Case in point... our first year of marriage I planned a surprise birthday party for Bill because that is what I would have liked to feel loved and appreciated on my birthday, turns out he hated it, was grumpy like the entire night, we got into a fight about it, I sulked at his reaction which I couldn't believe (who doesn't like a surprise party?) and I have since learned that is my not husband's love language. I have done better in the years since.

It is the January 13th sermon you will find on this page.

http://vcfcaudio.bostonvineyard.org/podcast/vcfgb-podcast.html

Also this link below is a great little 2 minute quiz to figure out your love language. We were both right about our own and each others. We have come a long way in 3 years. :-)

http://www.greaterquest.com/LoveLanguages.asp

2 comments:

Marsha said...

As always, great entry. We took the love languages quiz, and I am happy to report that after 10 years of marriage, we knew each others' love languages. Phew.

Stacey P said...

The answer is me.
Surprise party is my worst nightmare.